UK National Living Wage Jumps 6.2% As Markets Suffer Worst Quarter Since 1987
National Living Wage Jumps 6.2%
The UK National Living Wage increases this week by more than three times the rate of inflation to £8.72 for people aged 25 and over. When the new rate was announced at the end of last year it was described by the government as “the biggest cash increase ever”. Meanwhile, the government’s coronavirus job retention scheme means employers can claim for 80% of wages in order to keep staff employed.
By Charles Kelly, Property Investor, Author of Yes, Money Can Buy You Happiness and creator of Money Tips Podcast.
In this Money Tips Podcast episode:
- National Living Wage rises to £8.72 per hour for workers aged 25 and over
- Stock markets continue falling after suffering the worst quarter since 1987
- Pension transfers could be delayed or blocked after FCA advisory
- Dividends cut or suspended by banks and blue-chip companies
- After interest cut, mortgages have gone up – if you can get one!
- Tax Year end looming – top up ISAs to claim tax free allowance
- Use your pension allowance and find your “lost” pensions
- 10 things you can do to thrive during Covid 19 isolation
Track down your “lost” pension scheme – https://www.gov.uk/find-pension-contact-details
UK Government Business Support Helpline (England)
Telephone: 0300 456 3565 Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm
Can you afford to retire?
Millions of people, or over 80% of the population, will either retire in poverty or not be able to afford to retire at all. What’s your strategy?
Quit the rat race and retire early
You can learn how to build a second income, acquire cash flow generating assets using leverage in order to quit the rat race and become financially free. This crisis has taught us that the only way to be truly financially free is to build your own source of passive and semi-passive income, rather than working on someone else’s passive income.
Learn how to make money on Amazon
Amazon is one of the largest and fastest growing companies on the planet and its founder owner, Jeff Bezos is the world’s richest man. One of the ways Amazon got so big is by partnering with millions of small traders who benefit from Amazon’s massive leverage by selling their products on their huge ‘shop window’ platform.
If you’d like more information on how to quit the rat race, email me at Charles@CharlesKelly.net or send me a message through Facebook or my Money Tips Daily community.
See more articles at www.moneytipsdaily.com