UK Government borrowing reached £23 billion – in one month!
The national debt hit £2.08 trillion by October 2020, up £276.3bn since the start of the financial year.
Monthly borrowing, required because the treasury is spending more than it earns in taxes due to the recession, reached over £40bn in April and close to that again in May of this year following the first lockdown. Borrowing is on target to exceed £300bn for the year since the start of the coronavirus crisis.
The UK economy bounced back in the third quarter, but will falter again due to the current second lockdown which is killing businesses and jobs. Two more high street clothing chains went into administration this week putting thousands more jobs at risk.
UK debt exceeds the size of the UK economy, with debt having reached 100.8% of the country’s gross domestic product (GDP).
Debt levels of this magnitude have not been seen since the early 1960s while paying off the debts of World War Two.
Whilst the government always repays debt on due dates, it has to borrow new money – and take on more debt – to do so, like people do when living on credit cards or “robbing Peter to pay Paul”.
More articles and money news available at Money Tips Podcast – www.moneytipsdaily.com
- Property prices fall in London
- Job Furlough Scheme extended
- UK state pension age rises to 66
- How a crash will affect your pension plan
- House prices rise will reach all time high
- Why live in expensive town centres anymore?
- Thousands trapped in unsellable leasehold flats
- Government extends ban on landlords evicting tenants
- Self-employed, have you claimed your government grant?
- Why UK Property prices rising after stamp duty cut, despite the downturn?
- New planning rules will open up more opportunities to make money in property
- You can create a second income during the lockdown…and come out stronger
- Learn how to make money from property without deposits, mortgages or cash
Millions of people face a bleak future post-Coronavirus lockdown, as businesses disappear and the job furlough scheme eventually comes to an end. However, life doesn’t have to end because of lockdown! You can join thousands of ordinary people who have increased their income and added streams of new income during this period.
Are you ready to adapt to the new economic model?
As lockdown restrictions around the world are being eased, the economic model has subtly changed forever. How will you adapt to this new way of working and running a business, what obstacles and opportunities lies ahead? Will you be a participant or spectator in this revolution?
By Charles Kelly, Wealth Mentor, Property Investor, Author of Yes, Money Can Buy You Happiness and creator of Money Tips Podcast.
There are more examples and practical steps to getting rich and being happy in my book, Yes, money can buy happiness, I cover the 3 R’s of Money Management, the Money B.E.L.I.E.F System and much more. Check it out on Amazon http://bit.ly/2MoneyBook.
If you’d like further information on wealth mentoring and coaching, how to survive the crisis and even quit the rat race, email me at Charles@CharlesKelly.net or send me a message through Facebook or my Money Tips Daily community. See more articles at www.moneytipsdaily.com
Are you as successful as you want to be right now? Well I want you to be. I want to equip you with everything you need to propel your property business and position yourself as a successful property investor in 2021!
This workshop has limited spaces, as I want to focus on show how you can raise your business to not only reach its full potential, but to grow bigger than you thought possible. Register now
In this 3 day workshop will be covering:
- How to Buy Refurbish Refinance (BRR) and where you can source the best BRR deals to add value
- Ways to use cash flow strategies like Rent to Rent to its optimum ability
- Understand how to structure deals to sell to other people
- How you can save money by saving on tax
- Pensions vs Property Investing
- How to make Property work for you with just 5-7 hours a week invested
- How you can build a portfolio by recycling deposits
- How to raise all the money you need to invest
Register for this unique 3-day property workshop 20 November to 22 November – https://bit.ly/2UMpVOo