LAST CHANCE to apply for the Self-employed Income Support Scheme (SEISS) grant DEADLINE EXPIRES MIDNIGHT 29 JANUARY 2021
DEADLINE EXPIRES MIDNIGHT 29 JANUARY 2021
Application eligibility for the third Self-employed Income Support Scheme (SEISS 3) grant, expires tonight. This grant covers up to 80% of lost income between November and January.
If you meet the eligibility criteria the grant will provide a lump sum up to £7,500 to cover up to 80% of your average trading profits.
Beware of scams and only apply via the official Government claims portal, which you can do at any time until 29 January 2021. Once you apply, HMRC will check your claim and pay your grant into your bank account within six working days. You will get an email when your payment is on its way.
To apply, or check eligibility, you will need the following official government information:
- Self-assessment unique taxpayer reference (UTR) – if you do not have this, find out how to get your lost UTR.
- National insurance (NI) number – if you do not have this, find out how to get your lost NI number.
- Government Gateway user ID and password – if you do not have a user ID, you can create one when you make your claim.
- UK bank details (only provide bank account details where a Bacs payment can be accepted) including the bank account number, sort code, name on the account and address linked to your bank account.
- You must make the claim yourself. Your tax agent or financial adviser must not claim on your behalf as this will trigger a fraud alert.
We are expecting a fourth grant covering a percentage of average income from February to April 2021, but may have to wait until the March budget before Chancellor Rishi Sunak makes any announcement.
The fourth grant could change the way funds are allocated to prevent thousands of self-employed people slipping through the net and getting no support. Small business owners I speak to complain that they do not qualify for grants or even bounce back loans because they have recently set up their business or their profits are too low.
Employees can still benefit from the ‘furlough’ Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, paying 80% of a furloughed employee’s salary up to £2,500, which is being extended until the end of March 2021.
As the UK lockdown is expected to continue for another three weeks, the Federation of Small Business estimates that 250,000 small businesses will go under this year.
Angry protesters gather outside NYSE as GameStop share trading suspended
Do you spend hours online every day?
If you can spend time and money online, you can definitely make money online too!
Social media guru and bestselling author Paul O’Mahony is hosting a free live webinar on the 31st January where he will show you how you can create simple online money-making machines by using the same amount of time you may already be spending online.
At the webinar, you will learn:
- How to cash in on the biggest business opportunity of all time
- How to get started making money online without any products or business experience
- How to scale your business if you already have one
- How to have certainty with your finances in an even uncertain world
- How to find the ideal clients for your business with Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter
I have read his book and attended his courses, but I will still be there because things are always changing in the social media world – what worked on social media 5 years ago may not work now – and there’s always something new to learn from Paul.
I hope you’ll be there too!