Can you really get paid for doing nothing?
UBI or a universal basic income has been talked about by governments and think tanks for years. Now Germany has started an experiment to see if UBI can replace some of the income from the millions of jobs – both blue and white collar – expected to be lost to robots, machines and AI.
Switzerland and Finland have previously run UBI pilot schemes.
Driverless vehicles alone will wipe out tens of millions of jobs and AI is replacing white collar jobs in banking and investment, law and accountancy.
Over 28 million people, or almost one fifth of the American workforce, were collecting some form of unemployment payment in the week ended 1 August, the BBC reports.
- Apple is first US company to hit $2 trillion
- M&S to shed 7000 office and retail jobs
- John Lewis and Debenhams close stores
- Third of UK employers plan further job cuts
- UK economy shrinks by 20% April to June 2020
- UK is officially in recession after successive GDP falls
- One in three UK employers plan more redundancies
- Redundancies soar fivefold despite furlough scheme
- Unemployment to double 7.5% and economy slump 9.5%
- Half as many jobs are being advertised compared to 2019
- Self-employed, have you claimed your government grant?
- Base rate held at 0.1%, interest rates to stay low for 5 years
- Lenders not passing on rate cuts and mortgage rates going up!
- The end of furlough sees millions more unemployed this autumn
- UK house prices reached a new all-time high in July as buyers return
- UK property prices jumped by 3% since June following stamp duty cut
- Why UK Property prices rising after stamp duty cut, despite the downturn?
- New planning rules will open up more opportunities to make money in property
- You can create a second income during the lockdown…and come out stronger
- Learn how to make money from property without deposits, mortgages or cash
Millions of people face a bleak future post-Coronavirus lockdown, as businesses disappear and the job furlough scheme eventually comes to an end. However, life doesn’t have to end because of lockdown! You can join thousands of ordinary people who have increased their income and added streams of new income during this period.
Are you ready to adapt to the new economic model?
As lockdown restrictions around the world are being eased, the economic model has subtly changed forever. How will you adapt to this new way of working and running a business, what obstacles and opportunities lies ahead? Will you be a participant or spectator in this revolution?
By Charles Kelly, Property Investor, Author of Yes, Money Can Buy You Happiness and creator of Money Tips Podcast.
There are more examples and practical steps to getting rich and being happy in my book, Yes, money can buy happiness, I cover the 3 R’s of Money Management, the Money B.E.L.I.E.F System and much more. Check it out on Amazon http://bit.ly/2MoneyBook.
If you’d like further information on how to survive the crisis and even quit the rat race, email me at Charles@CharlesKelly.net or send me a message through Facebook or my Money Tips Daily community. See more articles at www.moneytipsdaily.com